We provide dance classes almost every day of the week and offer classes that will help you master nearly every facet of dancing salsa. If you wanted to spin until the floor started to smoke, let the music speak through you or just wanted to have fun, we have a class that is right for you.
We currently offer classes in two locations. Our Dream to Dance (1010 N. King St. 2nd floor) location provides a progressive class structure that teaches the core of the dance in a highly technical fashion. These classes focus on giving you a way to understand the dance, deconstruct it and make it your own, not just give you some random moves a random teacher showed you. Technique and timing are the underpinning of the classes taught at the Dream To Dance location.
Our Honolulu Club classes provide for exposure to the vast variety of movements possible once the core has been learned, as well as reinforcing the foundation of the dance. These are the classes that challenge you to apply the technique across a broader spectrum of situations. For ladies the styling taught in our Dream To Dance location gets brought into every class and for the leads you’ll learn a new set of material every week that dove-tails with our Saturday technique classes.
Dream To Dance Location
- Salsa 101: Is the foundation for all skills needed and is structured for someone who has relatively little to no experience.….Click Here For More Details
- Salsa 102: We take the basics to the next level, cement the most core fundamentals and begin to grow each dancer’s vocabulary. Mastery of the first two courses will allow you to comfortably social dance with anyone!….Click Here For More Details
- Ladies Styling and Spinning: This class allows you to exude beauty, femininity and sensuality on the dance floor. It also goes over the fundamentals of spin technique. Get ready to spin!….Click Here For More Details
Honolulu Club Location
- Beginner Partnerwork: Each week we work on leading and following techniques that are similar to our Salsa 101 classes. Take these beginner moves and bring them to the dance floor right after the class at The Mambo Social! Classes are an hour long with just partnerwork, no footwork or body isolations…..Click Here For More Details
- Advanced Beginner/Intermediate Partnerwork: Take your moves to the next level by expanding your vocabulary and learning how to mix and match patterns. At the same time, ladies will have the opportunity to learn functional styling within different patterns. Classes are an hour long with just partnerwork, no footwork or body isolations.….Click Here For More Details
- Salsa 201: If you’re comfortable with the basics but are looking to push your boundaries and start really grooving, Salsa 201 is a class you will surely want to take. It’s time to get dizzy!….Click Here For More Details
For some people, a more personalized touch is desired and Hawaii Salsa 101 has various private lesson possibilities. Please contact us directly for more information.
Through the Linda Melodia Dance Company we are able to bring you some of the best salsa dancers in the world to a stage near you. Email us at email@example.com for more information about their next performance or to book Linda Melodia dancers for a private event.